Floor Muffler® Ultraseal
FloorMuffler® is a high-performance acoustic underlayment and moisture barrier for use in residential and commercial flooring applications. As part of our Premium Collection, FloorMuffler® is the ideal choice for most laminate, engineered and solid hardwood flooring installations. FloorMuffler® can be used in floating, nail-down, and double glue-down installations.
How it works
Underlayment is the layer of your flooring system between the subfloor and surface covering. The primary role of underlayment is to provide a flat, smooth surface for the floor covering. In addition, underlayments are critical for supporting your floor’s locking system while helping remedy imperfections in your subfloor, like minor degrees of leveling and small cracks.
FloorMuffler UltraSeal is the underlayment that revolutionized the industry by providing exceptional acoustic performance, superior moisture protection and a patented lip and tape system for easier installations. FloorMuffler UltraSeal has been recognized as the industry’s top-performing underlayment for over 20 years. Installers, contractors, architects, HOA’s and members of the DIY community trust FloorMuffler UltraSeal to provide exceptional performance and protect their flooring investment
|Standard Size||Contractor Size|
|Material||XLPP Foam||XLPP Foam|
|Thickness||2 mm||2 mm|
|Width||39 in||72 in|
|Length||30.75 ft||100 ft|
|Coverage||100 sf||600 sf|
An installation method that can be used with a variety of materials, including laminates, engineered hardwood, luxury vinyl and rigid core flooring. In this method, individual planks (or in some cases tiles) interlock edge-to-edge to form a single mat-like surface that simply rests on the underlayment.
Nail installation is a method commonly used for solid hardwood floors. This method uses a flooring cleat to nail down the flooring to the wood subfloor.
Double Glue Down
Double Glue Down
An installation method whereby the underlayment is first adhered to the subfloor with an adhesive, and the floor is then adhered to the underlayment. When using this method, it is very important to make sure that the right adhesives are used depending on the type of flooring, subfloor and underlayment in the installation.
- Outstanding through the floor and impact noise protection.
- Exceeds requirements for Uniform Building Codes.
- Closed-Cell XLPP Core creates a Moisture Barrier.
- No additional films required.
- Exceeds industry standards.
- Improves the R-Value of your flooring system.
- Suitable for use with radiant heat flooring.
- Helps provide a comfortable walking surface.
Floor Strength & Durability
- Outstanding compression strength to protect the locking systems of your floor.
- Helps eliminate minor subfloor imperfections.
- VOCs below quantifiable limit as per CA 01350.
- Mold and mildew resistant.
Easy to Install
- UltraSeal system allows for easier installation.
- No need for professional tools.
FloorMuffler® UltraSeal makes an ideal choice for homeowners and businesses seeking exceptional sound-dampening performance. It also safeguards against excess moisture, mildew, and mold while offering a straightforward, easy installation. FloorMuffler UltraSeal has passed testing for the industry’s strictest standards for indoor air quality, so there is no need to worry about VOCs.
Why is FloorMuffler the Industry’s Top-Rated Underlayment?
- FloorMuffler UltraSeal does it all, providing distinguished acoustic performance, moisture protection and flooring comfort.
- Easy to Install: The UltraSeal lip and tape system allows for faster installations with less materials. FloorMuffler can be installed without professional tools.
- Durability: The cross-linked closed-cell polypropylene construction of FloorMuffler UltraSeal allows it to be incredibly durable and effective in limiting the transfer of moisture.
- Versatility: FloorMuffler UltraSeal can be used in floating, nail down, and double glue down installations for laminate, engineered and solid hardwood flooring.
- Limited lifetime warranty: We’re confident in the products we make. FloorMuffler® UltraSeal offers the extra confidence of our limited lifetime warranty and customer support.
- Quality assurance: We’ve achieved the ISO 9001:2015 certification for quality assurance. Each of our products meets stringent quality standards before leaving our facility in Swedesboro, New Jersey.
Where to Buy Underlayment for Hardwood and Other Flooring Online and In-Store
You can buy our underlayment for hardwood flooring online from reputable retailers or see them in person at a local store. Explore where to shop if you’re in one of these groups:
- Contractors: You can stop in at the Pro Desk at Home Depot or find an authorized retailer near you by contacting us.
- Distributors looking for new opportunities: You can connect with us online to find out how to join our dealer network.
CONTACT THE EXPERTS AT FLOORMUFFLER® TODAY
If you’re ready to take the next step in finding the perfect underlayment solution for your flooring installation or remodeling project, the team at FloorMuffler® can help. Our experts have decades of combined experience serving client needs across a broad application range. Connect with our team today to request additional information.