Floor Muffler® Ultraseal
floorMuffler® is a high performance Acoustic Underlayment & Moisture Barrier for use in residential and commercial flooring applications. As part of our Premium Collection, floorMuffler® is the ideal choice for most Laminate, Engineered and Solid hardwood flooring installations. floorMuffler® can be used in Floating, Nail down, and Double glue down installations. Available both with and without UItraSeaI self-sealing lip & tape system.
|Standard Size||Contractor Size|
|Material||XLPP Foam||XLPP Foam|
|Thickness||2 mm||2 mm|
|Width||39 in||72 in|
|Length||30.75 ft||100 ft|
|Coverage||100 sf||600 sf|
An installation method that can be used with a variety of materials, including laminates, engineered hardwood, luxury vinyl and rigid core flooring. In this method, individual planks (or in some cases tiles) interlock edge-to-edge to form a single mat-like surface that simply rests on the underlayment.
Nail installation is a method commonly used for solid hardwood floors. This method uses a flooring cleat to nail down the flooring to the wood subfloor.
Double Glue Down
Double Glue Down
An installation method whereby the underlayment is first adhered to the subfloor with an adhesive, and the floor is then adhered to the underlayment. When using this method, it is very important to make sure that the right adhesives are used depending on the type of flooring, subfloor and underlayment in the installation.
- Outstanding through the floor and impact noise protection.
- Exceeds requirements for Uniform Building Codes.
- Closed-Cell XLPP Core creates a Moisture Barrier.
- No additional films required.
- Exceeds industry standards.
- Improves the R-Value of your flooring system.
- Suitable for use with radiant heat flooring.
- Helps provide a comfortable walking surface.
Floor Strength & Durability
- Outstanding compression strength to protect the locking systems of your floor.
- Helps eliminate minor subfloor imperfections.
- VOCs below quantifiable limit as per CA 01350.
- Mold and mildew resistant.
Easy to Install
- Light weight.
- UltraSeal system allows for easier installation.
- No need for professional tools.